Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pelosi!! The Musical

I'm officially agnostic on Nancy Pelosi. I don't know enough about the workings of the US House of Representatives to say with certainty whether she's a good Speaker or bad.

But because she's come up a lot in some conversations I've had recently, I thought I would pass along this article from Politico:

"As Pelosi enters her third year as speaker, by any measure, she has become the most powerful woman in U.S. political history and is now preparing to wield her gavel in a way that few, if any, recent speakers could match. Even former Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, the architect of the 1994 Republican Revolution, pales in comparison. Pelosi is being mentioned by observers in the same breath as the legendary Sam Rayburn and Tip O’Neill, although she has yet to assemble a legislative record to match theirs."

1 comment:

The Tall Guy said...

I'm probably one of five Pelosi fans in the world, and that's because I like to go against the grain when I make stuff up (and I think I read an article while back that said nice things about her). Maybe some day I can be the random guys with no credentials talking on cable televisions, making stuff up.

She's actually got a background of bare knuckles Baltimore politics from her Dad - very much about keeping track of who owes you favors and who needs to be kept in line etc.

I think it's fun to make fun of her, but people might be underestimating her. Time will tell.