Tuesday, November 07, 2006

National Predictions

Again, given that no one reads this blog and my complete lack of expertise, this post is beyond irrelevant. But just for fun:

House: The Dems pick up 21 seats. Speaker Pelosi calls President Bush and says, "I'm wondering if you can give me advice on picking out the drapes for my new office..."

Senate: I think there's a great chance for the Dems to pick up at least five seats. But let's say that the Republicans manage to put up a last-second three-pointer in Missouri or Montana. Or both. (I like that analogy better than the Hail Mary. The HM is a miracle, the three-point shot is just a great effort at the end of a close game.) Possible upset: Steele in Maryland.

In other words, I have no idea how the Senate turns out. But the Dems will do well. Gaining control was always a very formidable challenge.

I'm going to be watching tonight for early signs of that Wave that people are talking about. (They're not talking about it as much as two weeks ago, I notice.) If Penns. and NY are big sweeps for the Dems, if Indiana's big three seats go to the Dems, the wave is on. I think.
On the other hand, it's hard for me to imagine all three of those Indiana seats flipping. Indiana as a state is as red as Lady MacBeth's hands.
(Guess that should be "as red as Lady MacBeth imagined her hands to be." Clumsy.
This is one of many reasons why I'm not a pundit.)

Anyhow. It's likely to be a long night. Our "improvements" to the voting systems in various states almost garuntees it. I'll stay up untill MN results are in, I think. Unless my six-month old has a rough night. Then it's lights out for us all.

Politics can wait.

1 comment:

The Tall Guy said...

I mean really, who would have thought the democrats would have taken the Senate? I still don't believe Virginia went to Webb. So, how about a post on what the Democratic Party should do now that they control the legislative agenda and have subpeona power? I like the idea of fixing the AMT and letting the tax cuts for the super rich expire in 2010.
And what to do in Iraq?