Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Country First?

I haven't been watching cable news lately. Maybe that's why I'm not panicking about Obama's stimulus plan.

My sense, from reading stuff on the computer, is that the cable news idiots are spending a lot of time talking about how how Obama doesn't have bipartisan support and giving lots and lots of airtime to critics of the Obama administration.

That's the usual cable news MO; it's been documented many times. Play up the controversy, give lots of air time to Republicans and almost none to Dems.

And if I watched it, I would probably freak out.

But there are some basic facts here. The Dems control the House. They have a nearly filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. Yes, if Obama doesn't pay attention to the mood in DC, he could lose some Dem. congress critters, but I don't think he's going to lose a lot.

And some of these R's just have to, when push comes to shove, do the right thing. Right?

They're not going to cripple our economy and risk the future prosperity of our nation just to score political points, are they?

Are they?

No comments: