Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Trump seals the deal in Indiana

As noted below, I polled my conservative relatives at Christmas and found *none* of them seemed to like Donald Trump. They didn't trust his commitment to conservatives principles, they were offended by his superficial and obnoxious personality, and they were worried by his temperment and unpredictability.

I think most Hoosiers probably agreed with them, at that point. But now that it's down to Trump and Cruz, I expect many Indiana voters will have overcome their misgivings. I would guess that Trump will win by a big margin. Cruz has a toxic personality, despite his piousness. And conservatives want to beat Hillary. They think Trump is their best chance for doing that. So it will be Trump, probably by a large margin. 

On the Democratic side... I'm guessing Hillary, since there's a significant African-American voting bloc. There are white Democratic voters in Indiana. I knew of one, growing up. But I don't have a good sense of how they'll vote. Probably Clinton's relatively good standing with unions will help her too. So call it a Hillary win. 

So, here we are. Conservative voters continue to sow the wind. It will be an interesting fall.

No comments: