Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Who would Jesus refuse health insurance to?

“Opposition to Health Care Reform Revives the Christian Right”

You know, I spent a lot of time with the Bible in my youth. I just can’t remember the part where Jesus said to refuse to help people who were less fortunate. I can’t remember the part where Jesus said that the sick and the poor were on their own. I guess I read a different Bible.

Part of the absolutely crazy, what-planet-am-I-on, quality of the health care debate is that some on the right say, “Oh, the Left criticized Bush and protested and held rallies, why is it wrong now that Obama’s in office???”

Well, one president was taking us into an unnecessary war that killed thousands of Americans and spent trillions. The other one wants to make sure you have access to health care.

Yeah, I can see how those two things are the same.

No comments: